Sunday 6 July 2008

Tintagel

Today we went to Tintagel and it was amazing! From the train, to the taxi, to the castle, everything was a learning experience! Not to mention we found our way and didn't get lost once. We started off by taking the scenic route to the train station and getting on the train to Bodmin Parkway. I have never been on a big train so it was a lot of fun, we went over some rivers, saw a lot of livestock, and amazing little old towns. It surprised me how fast you have to get on and off the train, they don't stop for anyone! One girl was crying because the doors didn't open at her stop and she couldn't get off the train. After we got off the train we luckily found a taxi waiting. Driving it was a nice old man who loved sharing stories with us about the UK and giving us a lot of information about the town and their driving laws. As we were driving to Tintagel we came to a traffic jam, up ahead an entire heard of cows were coming right for us lead by a farmer. The cows were having a hard time cooperating and looked very confused as to which direction to walk. It was hilarious, who would have thought there would be a road block of cows? We finally arrived at the castle and it was the most amazing view I have ever seen! It was so beautiful; I could have just sat at the top for days! We went into Merlin's Cave (well sort of in, it was a little scary) and climbed to the very top of the hill to overlook the ocean. We took a ton of pictures but they don't do it justice! I was really surprised by how many steps there were to climb, I don’t know what I was expecting but we must have climbed 1,000 steps! I know I’m going to feel it in my legs tomorrow! After the castle we got hungry so we ate lunch, went to a few shops and had tea in a 14th century bar/tea house. Everything was so small including the ceiling levels and doors ways. Then we got back in our taxi and headed home... we were exhausted!

No comments: